2022 Monthly Recap: October

Happy Halloween!  October was a very successful quilting month for me: I finished both of my quilty gifts on time and made excellent progress on my many on-going projects.  I'm not planning on any major handmade gifts for Christmas so my focus for the last two months of the year will be clearing things out of my WIP list so I have a cleaner slate going into next year.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 14
WIP List at end of month: 12
Untouched in 2022: 5
Active QAL Projects: 3

Quilts Finished
Piano Scarf (September 2022)
Epic Rainbow Bowtie Quilt (September 2022)

Quilts Started
None.

Quilt Progress (6 WIPs touched)
Just My Type - The top is pieced! I'm planning on custom quilting this one, so it won't be a quick finish, but I should still have it done by the end of the year.  


Black and White Kinship - This QAL just flew by - there are only eight more blocks to make!  I finally decided on a sashing fabric and ordered it this week, which is the only fabric I've bought for this quilt (remember, I chose the black and white theme to go with a piece of wideback fabric that I wanted to use up!).


Harry Potter QOD - Flying Key! I'm still debating between two and three keys for the final top, but I wanted to make something for this poor neglected top this month and one key is better than nothing!


Blocks made for my postage stamp quilt, memory scrap quilt, and leaders and enders quilt.  I actually managed a full picture of the postage stamp quilt to commemorate the September row being finished - each block measures 1.5" finished and I'll be adding 15 more rows (about 23") to the bottom of this!


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments