2024 Monthly Recap: March

March was a balancing act.  I successfully finished the last two Project Quilting challenges and made an additional baby quilt, but I also spent a lot of time on my computer working on two different patterns.  Windsuit isn't quite ready, but it's oh-so-close and I can't wait to release it so all of you can make your own versions as well!  My son and I made a "March Madness" board game bracket and we've been busy playing all the games on there in our limited spare time.  Throw in a spring break weekend getaway and the first major snowstorm of the winter and it was definitely a full month!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 10
WIP List at end of month: 11
Untouched in 2024: 4
Active QAL Projects: 1

Quilts Finished
Project Quilting 15.5 (March 2024)
Project Quilting 15.6 (March 2024)

Quilts Started
I am designing a row-by-row quilt with another member of my guild.  She did all of the basic design and I'm creating a "challenge" version of each row, aka making the blocks more complicated (a specialty of mine).  I'm calling my version "The Rest of the Quilt Back" - the main fabric for each row comes from the leftover fabric of a quilt back.  It's going to be a colorful scrappy disaster.  Both the paint splatter fabric and the white print fabric are from the same quilt, one that I made over two years ago but haven't been able to share yet.


Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
Solids Challenge Quilt - I really thought this would be done this month, but it was more work than I thought to pick out the colors for the HST in the border.  I had planned to do them as leaders and enders but it slowed me down too much and I had to set this project aside while I was working on the projects with deadlines.  I buckled down at the end of the month and finished the border in two days when it was my main focus and I'm looking forward to finishing this quilt up next month.


Test Block Sampler - The blocks I'm designing for the row-by-row sampler will be going into my pattern design sampler quilt!  Besides the blocks for my completed row, I also made a red version to go with my block instructions and a blue version to go in the actual test block sampler.


Blocks made for my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
A new cross-stitch project for Easter.  I really enjoyed the "three egg" layout instead of a standard circular design.  This was stitched in the first week of March but not finished into a display piece until the night before Easter.


I also took a day off of quilting to make a Lego Orchid!  We were talking bout getting an artificial plant for this table and I decided that if we were going to go fake, we would go fake and fun!

Comments