Shark Attack!

I love a baby shower because it's a fun opportunity to make a tiny-sized quilt for a brand-new adorable human.  This quilt is for my cousin's new child coming sometime next month.

The pattern is called Shark Bay and I was inspired by this toy fish that was on her baby registry.

This close-up picture shows the colors of the stripes better too.  For once, I didn't overquilt the quilt - I stitched in the ditch on both sides of the separator rows between the rows of sharks and then pulled out my ruler foot and my wavy ruler to do the waves in the stripes.  It was far easier to do the ruler across a whole row than it was to do it in the tiny trees!

The back is a sea of pastel fish swimming in a peachy red ocean and the binding is a navy solid from my stash - a nice change from my normal black.  This quilt has a lovely drape and I'm sure baby and parents will love it!

--------

I'm linking this post up with Quilting JetGirl as my favorite finish of July 2024!

Comments

What a cute toy from the baby registry to use as an inspiration! The quilt looks fantastic and I'm sure it will be used and loved. Thanks for linking up. :)