Quilt Block Summer Week 14

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  I'm still riding high on the excitement of finishing all the blocks I need for one of the quilts last week, but that didn't stop me from creating.

Temperature Quilt 2018
You're not counting wrong, there are a few carryover blocks from last week that weren't part of the big blob picture.


Harry Potter Bookcase
"Eat slugs!"  Poor Ron.  To me, this is one of the most memorable moments in book one.  It's also one of the newest blocks to be added to the Project of Doom and I couldn't resist adding it to my bookcase.


2018 Summer Sampler
Block 13 is called Pisa and it's paper-pieced.  I spent a lot of time this week working on my August goal (I just have to finish hand-stitching the binding!) and only got as far as printing the pattern out and assigning colors to each area.

Ricochet Quilt
This week I chose the final layout for this quilt using the extra hourglass units from making the center of each block.  Then I sewed them together so I can't easily change my mind later.  This reference block will be part of my pieced back.


Trinket Quilt
As promised, first done!  This is the entirety of row three so far - the first column was made in week 8.  Excuse the weird shadows from the deck rails - I didn't notice them until I uploaded the picture here.  Doesn't the center orange block remind you a little of the Incredibles logo?


#100Days100Blocks2018
We are into the triangle blocks!  You can tell from this picture that I'm trying to make both light and dark versions of the panda blocks (yes, there's a list to control this) - I'm aiming for a checkerboard effect in the final quilt.


Hope you had a great sewing week too!  Only two more weeks of summer left!

Comments