2021 Monthly Recap: March

A month for my own patterns!  Chalk Stars is finally available and I made a colorful version of Bernie's Mittens!  My WIP list looks like it's heading in the wrong direction, but I've been cruising on a lot of old projects and many of them are close to completion - two of them are out at the longarmers and will be easy finishes once I get them back.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 14
WIP List at end of month: 15
Untouched in 2021: 6
Active QAL Projects: 1
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Morewood Mystery Quilt (September 2020)

Quilts Started
A three-color version of Bernie's Mittens in a completely different color scheme than the original!  This one was pieced quickly, and is one of the two quilts out for longarming - it's going to have the same Chunky Knit panto as the original.


Sparrows Quilt - a brand-new pattern from Pen + Paper Patterns.  These are my test blocks (aka the "I'm so excited I had to start right away" blocks) - I'm planning on joining in with the quilt-along that starts next week to complete the rest of it.


Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
I made it all the way to month three of the Mother sew-along before I had to add my own touch - a personal best.  The theme this month was "water health" and the design was a little too abstract for me.  So I left out one row of debris and added a trash barge.  All of the plastic debris is pieced from Alison Glass scraps - I had a box of teeny-tiny scraps I couldn't bear to throw away after I finished both my 2016 Summer Sampler and Trinket quilts and I'm glad I finally found a project that suits them!  For the eagle-eyed, yes the water in this block is the navy from the Bernie's Mittens quilt above turned ninety degrees.  Anyone else gravitate towards the pieces of fabric that are already laying out?


Forgotten Fat Quarter quilt - Instagram tells me I last worked on this in August so the "forgotten" part of the title is doubly living up to its name!  There were two rows that needed a little surgery to be the correct width before they could be attached to the main body and I made the diamond row at the top.  I've already scoured my stash for a scrappy back and I'm excited to puzzle together what I've found.


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Just masks again this month!  I'm working on a springy cross-stitch and still hoping it will be all done by Easter morning!

Comments