2022 Monthly Recap: January

Welcome to my first 2022 recap post!  My WIP count hasn't magically jumped down from last year, I just removed the kid projects from it.  They don't want to work on them and I'm tired of counting them against my own goals.  Now, onto the sewing!  With all the pressure of the holidays off, I spent many hours in my sewing room relaxing.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 10
WIP List at end of month: 11
Untouched in 2022: 5
Active QAL Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Christmas Zephyr (November 2021) - Will be revealed as part of the Zephyr Quilt-Along kick-off in two weeks!

Whisper Quilt Challenge (January 2022) - My guild is doing a game of "telephone" with mini quilts and January was my month to make one. I can't share this until later this spring when the game ends!

Quilts Started
Postage Stamp Quilt - My 2022 personal project designed to use up and prevent new scraps. This is a leaders and enders quilt with a hard deadline of January 1, 2023.  I split the rows up into 12 groups and I'm already halfway through group two!  Cutting out tiny squares and sewing them together is addicting!  I tried to take a panoramic photo of the finished part so far:


One Two TREE - A new quilt-along in two parts.  Part one is paper-piecing a bunch of different trees and part two is trying out different quilting techniques on them!  I'm making a pink ombré forest and couldn't be happier with my trees so far - the second picture shows the colors far better than the first.


Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched) 
Macaron Mystery Quilt - Two parts to this month and they both worked wonderfully in tandem with my postage stamp blocks. We sewed the geese together in pairs and added a snowball corner to the half-square triangles. I still have no clue what the final layout will be, but I do like how this looks (despite the heavy 1980s vibes!).


Harry Potter QOD - I have a plan to finish this quilt this year and it was two steps forward one step back this month. I made both the bookcase feet and Hagrid's umbrella, but decided I want to add something underneath the bookcase itself. A shoe might be funny, but a lurking Scabbers might be more appropriate!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Not quilty or glamourous, but I did update the images on my Patterns and Tutorial screen. Everything has a splash screen now and they are all the same size!  I also attempted to make a microwave bowl cozy - it's a little too poofy for me, but it's in high demand as a stuffed animal boat so at least it's being used!


And that's January! I've got a lot of quilt-alongs in my sights for February and I'm excited to see what I end up making!

Comments