2022 Monthly Recap: February

A short but busy month.  I was busy putting together my own quilt-along, but a new pattern on Instagram caught my eye and I had to jump into its quilt-along as well.  Add that to the two quilt-alongs I already had in progress and my year-long postage stamp project and I spent plenty of time working on plenty of different projects!  I've only had two finishes so far in 2022 and I'm looking to double that number in the next month.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 11
WIP List at end of month: 14
Untouched in 2022: 5
Active QAL Projects: 4

Quilts Finished
None.

Quilts Started
Blue Zephyr - My newest version of Zephyr to go along with the quilt-along I am hosting.

Desert Cove - My new quilt-along project.  I got the top pieced and basted quickly, but I haven't had time to sit down and quilt it.  It will be done soon though - I need the pins back to baste my One Two Tree quilt!


Mystery Mini Quilt - One of my 2022 goals was to release a paper-pieced pattern and this mini is the first round test of that pattern.  It still needs a little tweaking, but I'm hoping to show it to you soon!

Quilt Progress (6 WIPs touched)
Macaron Mystery Quilt - This quilt-along is winding down; we got both the block assembly instructions and the quilt top assembly instructions this month. I was able to get my blocks sewn together, but still need to assemble them into the finished top.


One Two Tree - All of the tree instructions were released this month and my forest is completely sewn.  I'm looking forward to part two of this quilt-along, sewing all the trees together and quilting each one differently!


Harry Potter QOD - After an Instagram poll, I decided that a Scabbers skulking under the bookcase was my best option. I tried to make him blend in with the background since he's just sneaking around the dormitory! The fact that I've now made both a slug and a rat block for this quilt really shows my level of Harry Potter devotion.


Postage Stamp Quilt - A bit of scope creep on this project already.  I remeasured the width and decided I wanted it to to just a tad wider, so I added two columns to either side of my top section before finishing the second section.  I've since folded this up for a week or two because picking out the squares was starting to feel more like work than fun - I'm sure once I pull it back out to start on a brand-new section I'll feel differently!  I'll get a proper photograph next month when it's a bit taller, but for now I was admiring the difference in size between these squares and my leaders and enders squares, which are only .5" apart.  It looks like so much more!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Nothing extra this month, unless you count all the baking I did: pretzel buns, cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, and smoothie experiments. I don't normally bake that much but the cold weather just lends itself to sweet treats hot from the oven!

Comments