2022 Monthly Recap: December

My final recap post of 2022!  December is traditionally a slow sewing month for me, and this year was no different.  I have no regrets, except for maybe the quantity of homemade cookies that I ate!  I did make good progress on three different projects and I'm looking forward to spending more time in my sewing room during January.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 11
WIP List at end of month: 11
Untouched in 2022: 1
Active QAL Projects: 1

Quilts Finished
None.

Quilts Started
None!

Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
Postage Stamp Quilt - December is the month when my year-long personal project was supposed to end and I am very close - only seven blocks to go!  Everyone knows that the year doesn't really end until winter break is over so I'm giving myself two bonus days to finish this "in 2022".


Rainbow Blossom Quilt - The last two blocks for this quilt (a pink seashell and the word "create") are pieced.  Most of the top is already assembled, so the top should be a quick finish next month.


Sew Place Like Home - A double month!  I skipped the Scarecrow back in October, so I sewed both him and the Lion this month.  The four core characters look wonderful together!


One block made for my leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
I only made one homemade Christmas present this year, and it was a set of mini quilts and pillows for my son's much-loved teddy bear (the same teddy bear who inspired the piano scarf from October).  I didn't make his shark costume, but I may end up using it as a template for future costumes!


I also baked a lot of cookies and took a pottery class with another one of my sons.  Mine is the blue bowl and his is the Santa hat.  It was my first time working with clay since elementary school and I had fun trying a basically new-to-me medium.


Next Month's Goal
I used to be faithful participant in One Monthly Goal, and I've decided to return to that in 2023. For January, my goal is the Rainbow Blossom quilt (pictured above). I want to sew the top together, baste it, quilt the background, and put the binding on.  I'll quilt the colored areas with matching thread last, which will probably take me longer than a single month. I'm linking up my goal at Elm Street Quilts.

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to sewing my way through 2023 with you!

Comments

Susan said…
That's a great quilt. I'm seeing more postage stamp quilts, and might have to make one later this year myself!