2024 Monthly Recap Post: September

Pattern release month!  After a year of work and a major redesign, Pebbled Prairie is finally available to all of you!  Maybe someday I'll show off the earlier versions, but for now I'm just enjoying the post-release-day joy (and making quilt-along versions of it, naturally).  I could stop the whole blog post right here, but I actually did work on some other projects too, so let's give them their due as well.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 13
WIP List at end of month: 13
Untouched in 2024: 4
Active QAL Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Lemon Blossom Mystery Quilt (May 2024) - Blog post coming this week!
Baby Pebbled Prairie (September 2024)

Quilts Started
Brown Fabric Challenge - My friend Kerry sent me a fat quarter of a brown fabric earlier this year with the note "make anything you want from this!".  I actually cut into it already and used a bit of it in my Kona Solids quilt, but now, with the deadline looming, I'm making a piece that features the fabric she sent.

Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Christmas Memories - This top is finished and I'm dropping it off at the quilter's today!  I can't believe I finished two holiday quilts over two months before their actual holidays.  That has got to be a quilt record of some sort.


MMQG Sewing (Test Block Sampler and The Rest of the Quilt Back) - I turned in my last set of block instructions and this project is officially finished!  Unofficially, I still need to quilt my version of it, but it feels good to be done with the writing part of the project.


Blocks made for my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Speaking of finishing holiday projects early, I also finished up the "Happy Haunting" kit; that makes three holiday projects done!  This is already hanging up in my family room; now that October is here I should get out the rest of the decorations.


And that's it!  I hope you'll consider joining me in the Pebbled Prairie Quilt-Along next month!

Comments