June Goal Report

I am happy to report that I have made a lovely dent in my WIP stash, as per my goal for June.

My Trinket quilt (April goal) has been fully finished since last month, and I finally got outside and took some beauty pictures of it and wrote a blog post.  We've been using this one quite heavily since the last stitch went into the binding, and I'm glad I got a few pictures before anything got spilled on it!

My Tula Pop quilt (May goal) got quilted and faced, a new technique for me!  You can read more about that in this blog post.

My husband always uses a hand towel under his coffee cup on his dresser in the morning, so for his birthday I made this simple mug rug to use instead.  There's no pattern - I was just playing around with my new drunkard's path ruler set. Because of its small size (7"x9") I just brown-bagged it and then quilted it after it was done.  Not a technique I'd use on a larger project, but it was perfect in this case.


Finally, I don't post much about my cross-stitching, but this last part blurs the line.  I had two finished stitches that just needed to be turned into something functional.  I turned my 2018 Into the Jungle monthly stitch-along project into a mini quilt.  I guess I am just against traditional binding this month, because I brown-bagged this one as well!  The fabric that is under the mini is the fabric that I backed it with.  I think the reason it took me so long to finish this was that I wasn't sure how to quilt/finish it, but I ended up just outlining the boxes in a thread color that matches the Aida cloth.  I like how it's not obvious, but the piece is now "sag proof" as well.


My second stitch is a Christmas cross-stitch.  I had everything but the "A" block done in December of 2017 (don't judge!) and I finished that in December 2018.  I have lots of little Christmas minis, so I decided to turn this into a little pillow instead.  I use batting scraps to stuff my pillows and this one is just one piece (no form) because it was so tiny.


June's goal is complete!  I am very glad to have cleared out some of the piles in my sewing room and am planning a much more ambitious goal for July.  I am linking up my finishes at Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Patty said…
Such a cute pillow. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!