2023 Monthly Recap: February

You'd never know February was a short month from the amount of sewing that I got done.  I finished so many different things and I can't share them with you yet - should be a busy March on the blog! Add in a pattern release and I'll be on here sharing plenty!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 11
Untouched in 2023: 4
Active QAL Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Postage Stamp Quilt (January 2022)
Bright Day (January 2023) 
Dino Loop (February 2023)

Quilts Started
Under the Sea - Now that Rainbow Blossom is done, I can start another Quiet Play pattern club!  I like having a paper piecing project to do to mix up my regular piecing.  It works a different part of my brain!  This quilt-along is two blocks a month for six months, but I'm planning on stretching it out over the entire year.


Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
Sew Place Like Home - This month's block is Glinda, the good witch.  I had the perfect sparkly dress fabric leftover from my snowflake quilt!  And after a two-month hiatus there was finally another mini block for the border.  I had exactly enough of this pink leftover from my pink trees quilt to piece these hearts.


Black and White Kinship - This was my OMG for February and I'm cutting it close to the wire - finishing all those quilts took up a lot of time!  I've got my blocks sorted into eight rows and six of them are sewn together.  I'll be spending today trying to finish this up.  UPDATE: I made it!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Next Month's Goal
My last two goals were very ambitious, but this month I'm going in a different direction. My son has been asking me for a pin banner to hold all of his awards from school and I want to finally take the time to put it together. It should be a quick and easy project, I just haven't made time to do it yet. I'm making it official and linking up at Elm Street Quilts to motivate myself!



Comments