2019 Wrap-Up: WIP Train


I've been riding the WIP train pretty heavily for the second half of this year and I'm absolutely thrilled with how much cleaner my sewing room is!  Having to pack up most of the room so a new window could be installed helped a lot too. Here's my year by the numbers:

Quilts (of any size) finished in 2019: 17
  • My oldest finish was a mini quilt made from a block I made in 2016
  • My last finish was a quilt I made with my son - started in June 2017
  • 4 of the finishes were started in 2018
  • 2 were started in 2019, fell into WIP status, but eventually got finished
  • 7 were made sequentially, as in they were pieced and then immediately quilted and bound
  • 2 of these were cross-stitch projects that got turned into mini quilts
  • 5 were "regular" mini quilts
  • 1 was made into a throw pillow
  • 2 were sent out to long-arm quilters (this is a lot for me!)
  • For the eagle-eyed - I did blog about 2 additional quilts in January, but those were both finished in December 2018 and thus are not included in this total.

Current WIP list: 17
  • 2 are tops that are ready for quilting
  • 1 is probably a UFO and will never be finished (Started in February 2016)
  • 1 is an ongoing project - a scrap memory quilt that commemorates my quilting journey.  I don't want to finish this one!
  • 6 were untouched this year
  • 8 were originally part of quilt-alongs
  • 1 was started just last week - my first new quilt started since July 2019
  • 2 are technically not mine - they belong to my other two sons, but since we work on them together they are on the list 
  • Started with only 11 items
  • 5 are finished!
  • 3 had progress made

Miscellaneous - my non-quilting list is much shorter than normal this year
  • 3 Easter Baskets
  • 2 small non-quilted pillow projects
  • Hashtag the Panda Halloween Costume
  • Lots of origami coasters
  • Two cross-stitch ornaments

Top 5 Posts

Thanks for reading this far!  Here's a set of quick links to see the finishes, listed by date started:

Started November 2016
Finished November 2018
Started June 2017
Finished December 2019
Started December 2017
Finished June 2019
Started January 2018
Finished January 2019
Started January 2018
Finished June 2019
Started May 2018
Finished May 2019
Started October 2018
Finished March 2019
Started January 2019
Finished September 2019
Started January 2019
Finished February 2019
Started January 2019
Finished March 2019
Started February 2019
Finished October 2019
Started May 2019
Finished June 2019
Started May 2019
Finished June 2019
Started June 2019
Finished September 2019
Started June 2019
Finished June 2019
Started July 2019
Finished October 2019
Started July 2019
Finished November 2019


My goals for 2020 are much simpler: give away at least five quilts, continue to whittle away at my WIP list (would love to have this number be under 10), and publish at least three patterns.  I've done the 12-quilt list for the past two years and honestly just don't feel like choosing what I want to work on for a full year right now.  I also want to make the time to go on a quilt retreat again and bring enough projects to fill the entire weekend!

I'm linking up my top five posts with Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs and my 2020 Goals with Yvonne at Quilting Jet Girl.

Comments

You made great progress in 2019. I hope that you have a wonderful 2020 as you work on your goals!
Sharon said…
Enjoy 2020! Enjoy your sewing time as you whittle away at that WIP list. It is such fun to see them finished, isn't it!
Danice G said…
Amazing accomplishments and goals. I absolutely love your Trinket quilt and Temperature quilt. I fell behind on my own Temperature quilt.
Cheryl said…
Great accomplishments in 2019, I love your Trinket quilt. Thanks for linking up!