2022 Recap and 2023 Planning

Another fun quilting year is over!  Almost all of my sewing this year was from quilt-alongs old and new or my own patterns.  My list of finishes is smaller due to real life being bigger, but I did so something crafty every day this year (quilting, cross-stitching, baking, and/or drawing), even if it was only for five minutes on the couch at the end of the night.

2022 Goal Recap

1. Be mindful in what I start.  I'm giving myself a passing grade on this one!  Only three of the quilts I started this year aren't done and all of them are in good shape to be finished quickly.  Two should be done in January and the third is a monthly quilt-along that's up-to-date!

2. Three pattern releases.  A big fail!  I only released one pattern (Meeple) and it was more of a niche personal project (limited audience appeal).  On the plus side, I love the quilts and projects I've made with it!

3. Harry Potter Quilt of Doom.  I started off strong on this one, but got frustrated when the exact pattern I wanted wasn't available for part of it.  I need to get back on the Hogwarts Express and finish this up!

4. 2022 Personal Project.  A joy to work on all year long.  I probably won't do another year-long project in 2023 because they are a lot of work and take up a lot of space, but I adore this quilt and it turned out exactly as I hoped it would.  The top is finished and I plan on quilting it myself in January.

5. Monthly Recap Posts.  They are all here!  Some months that is all I post.

Notable Accomplishments
I have 11 projects on my WIP list (down from 12 at the end of 2021):
  • Two should be finished tops before the end of 2022.
  • One is an active QAL and two are ongoing scrap projects.
  • One is a just-finished QAL; the blocks need to be assembled into a top.
  • Two are former QALs. Between the two of them, only eight more blocks need to be made.
  • Two are stalled out because I need to make a design decision before I can continue.
  • Only one was not touched this year.
Non-quilted things I sewed this year:
  • Six origami coasters -still one of my favorite tiny projects.
  • Two cross-stitch projects that were mounted into hoops to be displayed in a frame.
  • A set of mini quilts for a teddy bear.
    Top 5 from the year:
    2022 Finish Gallery


    Macaron Mystery Quilt

    Started October 2021
    Finished April 2022

    Christmas Zephyr

    Started November 2021
    Finished January 2022

    Let It Snow

    Started December 2021
    Finished May 2022

    Sydney

    Started January 2022
    Finished January 2022

    One, Two, TREE!

    Started January 2022
    Finished July 2022

    Desert Cove

    Started February 2022
    Finished March 2022

    Meeple Mini Quilt

    Started February 2022
    Finished March 2022

    Blue Zephyr

    Started February 2022
    Finished April 2022

    Meeple Pillowcase

    Started April 2022
    Finished July 2022

    Meeple Quilt

    Started May 2022
    Finished September 2022

    Just My Type

    Started May 2022
    Finished December 2022

    Spring Wings

    Started May 2022
    Finished June 2022

    Epic Rainbow Bowtie

    Started September 2022
    Finished October 2022

    Bear Piano Scarf

    Started September 2022
    Finished October 2022

    Meeple Pumpkin

    Started October 2022
    Finished November 2022

    2023 Goals
    Only three goals this year, but they cover a lot of ground:
    1. Write three new patterns.  I have ideas, I just need to work on them!
    2. Finish all my cross-stitch projects.  I have a stack of six fully-stitched pieces that must need to be mounted into hoops or turned into mini quilts for display.
    3. Finish existing quilt-along projects.  I love starting these, but finishing them often falls by the wayside.  I have four that have ended and one still in progress.


    Rainbow Blossom

    Started January 2019
    Status: 1 block to go
    UPDATE: Finished January 2023

    Summer Sampler 2019

    Started May 2019
    Status: 3 blocks to go

    Mother

    Started February 2021
    Status: 2 blocks to go

    Black and White Kinship

    Started July 2022
    Status: Ready for Final Assembly
    UPDATE: Finished May 2023

    Sew Place Like Home

    Started September 2022
    Status: Ends June 2022
    UPDATE: Finished June 2023

    I'm linking up my top 5 of the year with Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs and my 2023 goal planning with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl.  I'll have my final 2022 monthly recap post up at the end of the week and those will continue into 2023.  Thanks for stopping by!

    Comments

    Congratulations on all of your accomplishments and beautiful quilts for 2022. I hope that you have a very joyous and quilt filled 2023 and that your goals are helpful guideposts for you throughout the year.
    Dawn said…
    Wow, what a productive year you had! I love your bowtie quilt -- lucky baby! Have a great 2023.
    Great post - I love all your finishes and your list for 2023. I like the 'status' for your UFOs/WIPs, it makes it easy to see what you need to do and I'd find that really motivating. Good luck for the coming year!
    Jasmine said…
    Congratulations on all your finishes. You have made such beautiful projects this year. Good luck with your 2023 goals.
    Cheryl said…
    Such great finishes this year! Thanks for linking up!
    Karen's Korner said…
    Lovely finishes for the year and great goals for the coming year. Good luck with them.
    KatieQ said…
    Wonderful finishes for 2022. I've been searching through your blog looking for the Pokeball pillow pictured in your header. I couldn't find the post. Can you let me know where to look.
    Congratulations on your accomplishments for 2022. Love, love, LOVE your Epic Scrappy finish!! Best of luck for a successful 2023.
    dq said…
    Macaroon mystery and that gorgeous setting you took the photos in - well worth visiting that post!!!